I often get asked why magnesium is so critically important- why don't I focus more on calcium or some other minerals. And why can't I get enough magnesium from my diet?
Well the simple answer is, unfortunately due to the poor quality of soil nowadays, zinc and magnesium are woefully inadequate in our diet. Yes you can get a lot from eating nuts and seeds, but not what I would call a therapeutic dosage (enough to offset health issues such as poor sleep for example). And even if you could get it through your diet, the net result of eating all those nuts and seeds would be a very fat person who was sleeping well !
I have detailed below some of the attributes of magnesium:
- Magnesium helps lower cortisol (stress hormone)
- It lowers C-reactive proteins
- It is the ultimate stress management mineral because it calms the nervous system and supports adrenal glands that have been worn out
- It can reduce high blood pressure
- It is a critical component in the treatment of chronic fatigue
- It can alleviate or cure insomnia
- Magnesium deficiency results in weak muscles and fatigue
- Magnesium is involved in over 200 enzymatic reactions in the body,
in particular those processes involved in energy production (ie,
production of ATP).
- Magnesium is required for the proper functioning of nerves and
- Magnesium is involved in the acid/alkaline balance of the body and in
the regulation of body temperature.
- Magnesium is involved in the activation of enzymes necessary for the
metabolism of carbohydrates, fat and protein, and the production of
- Magnesium improves absorption and retention of calcium.
- Magnesium is needed for cardiovascular health and for the regulation
of heart rhythm.
So, if you are interested in getting the best quality magnesium available, visit my online shop where you will get FREE postage and packing for a limited time, and a discounted price!
Get Stronger, Live Longer !